Promoting a contemporary art exchange between Scandinavian Countries and Japan.
Located far from Japan, the beautiful Scandinavian countries are famous for their superiority with environment, education, and welfare; it has abundant nature, wood culture, and fine streets coexisted with nature. In spite of their distance, there are some similarities between Scandinavian countries and Japan, such as diligence of the people, cultural preference of simplicity and sophistication. EAJAS promotes a contemporary art exchange between Scandinavian countries and Japan through the activities of artists.
We, artists run EAJAS aiming to achieve good chain reaction through each one’s art executions, and exhibitions; exchange between the artists overseas as well as inland; and transmission of contemporary art to the public.
- “CONTEMPORARY ART FROM SWEDEN part II” May 11- 16 Red Brick Warehouse / Yokohama May 12- 24 Sankeien Garden - Main Hall of Old Tomyoji May 11- 22 Iwasaki Museum "Exhibition by Södertälje Artists"
- “CONTEMPORARY ART FROM JAPAN part II” September 6 - October 19 Södertälje konsthall / Södertälje, Sweden - “11 Invited Japanese Artists“ September 6 - 28 Gallery Kretsen / Södertälje, Sweden Gallery Saltskog Gård / Södertälje, Sweden
- “CONTEMPORARY ART FROM SWEDEN” November 13 - 18 Red Brick Warehouse / Yokohama November 21 - December 2 Embassy of Sweden / Roppongi
- “Prayer for tsunami victims” February 9 - 15 Galleri ArtLab / Stockholm Sweden - Slovenia - Japan, charity exhibition in Sweden
- 20th Celebration for Independence of Slovenia
- “Svensk-slovensk-japansk kulturvecka” October 22 - 30 A Kulturfyren / Stockholm
- “WRAP LAP RAP” October 12 - 17 Red Brick Warehouse / Yokohama
- “CONTEMPORARY ART FROM JAPAN” September 2 - October 17 Södertälje konsthall / Södertälje, Sweden